Wednesday 11 November 2015

Scrumpy The Pony - The Final Chapter

Poor old Scrumpy, to add insult to injury, while I was getting the paint off, I broke his tail in half. So out came the superglue! Having scraped as much paint off him as I could, obviously having to leave the offending pinky-grey mess on his mane and tail, I covered him with a layer of yellow ochre acrylic paint, my reasoning being that the yellow would turn the pink more of an orange colour, which I could just about live with.


Scrumpy a l'orange!
  
I decided to paint him as a blue roan appaloosa, in the end it wasn't the best paint job in the world, but I just wanted to get him finished so that I could move on to something else. He still has a pinky-grey mane and tail, that dodgy pigment seems to travel up through all the layers of paint.
Moral of the story: Don't be a cheapskate!

Scrumpy's apples! (spots)

Is this my best side?

Didn't turn out too badly.

Mane and tail are still pinky...

Who's a pretty boy then?

No comments:

Post a Comment